- Reployed to township of Argyre to counter growing civil unrest.
- The four sections of the town are currently under isolation, with the unrest centered in the Old Quarter.
- Law enforcement officers retreated to New Quarter after arson attack. Vigilante gangs ‘keeping the peace’.
- Proliferation of arms through the Old Quarter, including Inferno LRM
- Numerous “protest” groups formed, demanding change. No clear agenda.
- Lt. Dubois commandeering local vigilante groups into functional militia
- Investigate source of weapons and eliminate Sons of Brion activists
- Coordinate with local protest groups to peacefully defuse situation
History: The township of Argyre is in the latter stages of transitioning from a frontier province to a fully realized hub of mining activities. The original encampment of “Old Quarter” is partly decommissioned and used only by independent miners, unemployed workers and ‘alternative entertainment venues’, with the majority of industry centered in the two corporate sections (Eisen Mining & Larson-Baxter) and New Quarter conglomerates.
CURRENT: Old Quarter regressing into slum, the residents have begun to form protest groups, which have been armed with military supplies from the caches in the Lowlands. Suspect Sons of Brion/Silent Watcher involvement.
- Orange Council: Neutral negotiating body. Appear to be trying to form a single agenda from the demands of the other groups and coordinate the factions.
- Worker’s Liberation Movement: Separatist faction, pushing for Argyre as independent state.
- New Orange Union: Pacifist conglomerate of worker’s unions, pushing for equal rights of workers.
- Worker’s Resistance Militia: Comprised of 30 different vigilante gangs, all of which highly militant with minimal political agendas. Motivations range from “Fighting the Man” to “Protecting our People”.
- Grey Party: Strata environmental pacifists, seeking to minimize harm to Strata’s local ecosystem. Also heavy users of drug known as Twilight, among others.
- Avoid open interference in political scene. Remain impartial.
- Argyre important strategic asset. Focus military logistic efforts on Old Quarter; cost-effective and provides relief for economic pressures for the community.
- Commandeer or Dismantle vigilante groups
- Disarm populace of any/all “scorched earth” weapons. Weapons being sourced from across planet and situation requires finesse.
Argyre is a crucial strategic asset; concealed from orbital strikes in the lowlands, ready access to minerals and available niche for heavy industry. Recommend establishing military production facilities within Old Quarter to accommodate long-term planetary defense protocols of decentralization of industrial and military centers.
SHORT TERM: Township lacking in local production facilities for construction material. Long term operations require establishment of large scale smelting, steelworks and fabrication facilities for construction works. Recommend basing efforts in Old Quarter due to available facilities, personnel and potential solution to economic/political issues.
- Long-term fixed-price mineral supply contracts, to offer stability for independent operators and minimum profit margins for larger corporations.
- “Buy-In” from community into civil construction plants to gain community support.
- Potential sale of excess product to local market to offset costs.
- Local production without ‘exclusive contracts’ to fuel local economic growth and ease anti-corporation political tension.
LONG TERM: Township is ideal test model for Lowlands military production. Recommend construction of exclusively military fabrication facilities in the long term to provide source of supplies, armaments and new assets in the event of Highlands occupation. If successful, recommend duplicating this model in other mineral-rich locations.
Lt. Ruin Dmitar: Confirmed has electronic device implanted within the skull. Device removed, but not fully investigated. Has eased tense relations with CommStar, and further good relations to be encouraged. Has put in request to infiltrate Silent Watcher/Sons of Brion organisation to identify and sabotage network. Mission is approved once Dr. Lange approves him for field duty.
Addendum: CommStar agent Bryce indicated working knowledge of crashed JumpShip systems. Good relations of potentially invaluable strategic importance. Find means of fostering continued cooperation – Agent Abnet may be of assistance.
Lt. Jacques Dubois: Unpredictable, but immensely effective. Lt Dubois is currently commandeering the various vigilante gangs into an informal militia via unconventional means. Progress being monitored.
Addendum: Request issued for permission to establish training facility in Argyre. Dubois’ militia to be reviewed for potential recruits to form additional military assets. Local troops typically build support from local community.
En. Layne-Lars Kinnesson: Has reported fog interference due to presence of fungal spores. Ensign appears to be suffering from irregular sleep patterns and lack of hygiene. Recommending review by staff psychologist. Fog research consistent with observed results, however. Performance safeguarding Orange Council meeting commendable.
Addendum: If fog interference caused by fungal spores, it should be more prominent near ‘fungal forests’.
Dr. Jonas Lange: Good to see Jonas again. Surgical skills indeed as impressive as in the reports. The irony that had our lance had someone of his skills (other than himself, naturally) we might have saved his legs is very apparent.