Deployment to Federated Suns holding “Strata” complete.
Assignment: Police action in remote mining colony.
- Seven (7) local transports designated “Land Trains” hijacked by hostiles.
- To date, no sign of survivors from attacks.
- Hostiles designated threat to regional security.
- Military assets deployed to eliminate threat.
- Secondary objective: Recover civilian hostages.
Resources: Light Battlemech Lance
- OIC: Lt. Samara Hellstrom, Locust LCT-1F
- 2IC: Ensign Layne-Lars Kinnesson, Locust LCT-1E
- NCO: Sergeant Ruin Dmitar, Locust LCT-1F
- NCO: Private Jacques Dubois, Locust LCT-1T
- Accepted command of ’mech lance.
- Embarked for transit to OA (Operation Area). ETA Day 3.
- Arrival in OA. Established MCC (Mission Control Center) in designated facilities.
- Commandeered nearby facility as BZ (Buffer Zone) and secondary defense.
- Probable enemy ambush sites evaluated. Lance deployed for R&S (Reconnaisance and Surveillance)
- 2 of 7 landtrains discovered hidden in flooded pit mine. Designated Location A
- Decoy deployed to far potential ambush site.
- Lance deployed to Location A.
- Hostiles entered CBTZ (Combat Zone) by vehicle. Engaged after disembarking.
- Hostiles neutralised. Ten (10) captured for interrogation.
- Attempted intrusion detected and neutralised
- Captured hostiles interrogated successfully.
- Intelligence gathered indicates primary facility in region known as “Lost Frontier”
- Civilian authority provided coordinates of primary enemy facility. Designated Location B.
- Hostile forces in proximity of MCC detected and engaged.
- Neutralised: 6 enemy vehicles, Dig-Lord-S6 Miningmech, Dig-Lord-S6 Miningmech Mod A.
- Significant damage to LCT-1E. Repairs initiated.
- Pr Dubois reconstructed Diglord Mod A from salvaged equipment. Armor and LRM15 ammunition to be requisitioned.
- Repairs to LCT-1E complete.
- Origin of local mining ’mech investigated.
- Hostiles eliminated civilian corporate facility and personnel.
- Lance deployed to Location B.
- Sgt Dmitar performed R&S on foot.
Hostile facility confirmed at Location B.
Presence of narcotics production center confirmed.
Origin of hostile forces confirmed.
Primary Target: Enemy vehicle compound.
Secondary Targets: Narcotics production facilities
Secondary Objective: Damage to agricultural facilities to be avoided.
Target priority is as follows:
- Enemy combat ’mechs
- Enemy combat vehicles
- Active vehicles attempting to flee CBTZ
- Hostile Infantry combatants
Enemy non-combat personnel casualties to be kept to a minimum where practical.
Enemy non-combat vehicle damage to be minimised where practical.
1) PERSONNEL NOTES
- Ensign Layne-Lars Kinnesson: Servicable ’mech pilot. Skilled engineer and C-CS operator. Discipline lacking. Command authority near-absent. Excellent research capability. Analysis capability requires development. Addendum: Delegate analysis of backlog of research data to subordinate.
- Sergeant Ruin Dmitar: Competent ’mech pilot. Highly capable R&S asset. Discipline lacking. Indications of substance abuse. History of disloyalty. Significant potential – requires observation.
- Private Jacques Dubois: “Flapjack”. Excellent ’mech pilot. Skilled mechanic. Military discipline acceptable. Indications of violence outside of service. Expected rapid development with combat experience. Avoid unofficial social interaction.
2) MISSION NOTES
- Evidence to date indicates that hostiles are partially militarised civilian units. Training and discipline extremely limited.
- Hostile forces appear to be comprised of two factions: Active aggressors and passive narcotics producers. Former must be neutralised as efficiently as possible. Latter faction should have casualties limited where it does not compromise mission success.
3) RESOURCE NOTES
- LCT-1E: Effective against numerous weaker opponents (e.g. vehicles). Tactical value against 1T and 1F under review.
- LCT-1F: Sacrifice of anti-vehicle/mech weapon in favor of anti-infantry of immense tactical value against combined-arms opponents.
- LCT-1T: Anti-Mech/Vehicle design. Effectiveness in hands of veteran pilot proven to be high.
- General: Reliance on energy-based weaponry proving prudent. Small mech size combined with high heat dissipation capacity result in minimal heat generation issues. Absence of ammunition dramatically increase survivability of ’mechs.