03/01/3050 to *07/01/3050
The encampment at the crash site of the DCS Hi No Kaze continued to develop. With the military forces carried by the two airships to secure the area, and the construction of VTOL landing facilities, it was possible to land additional construction staff and experts for the in-situ salvaging of the crashed warship.
Samara Hellstrom was promoted to Hauptmann and placed in command of an additional vehicle lance (composed mainly of vehicles requisitioned in their time in Argyre) and the battle armour forces that arrived with Professor Anna Morozov.
The recommendation from Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann was heeded and Ruin Dmitar was restored to the rank of leftenant. His role would be second in command of the battlemech lance and second in command of the company. Jacques Dubois was also promoted to leftenant and as well as his duty in the battlemech lance was also to command the battle armour platoon. Unfortunately political pressure prevented an increase in Layne-Lars Kinnesson’s rank.
07/01/3050. Day 45, 09:00
Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann chose to redeploy her battlemech lance by Exocoetidae transports while her landtrain returned to Argyre carrying the battle armour platoon and escorted by the light vehicle lance.
07/01/3050. Day 45, 11:15
The standing garrison, under command of acting leftenant Kevin Carter, who had not prepared for an infantry attack. Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann informed him of the error but praised the cadet for not panicking and keeping a handle on the tense situation.
On the way to the nearest checkpoint Jacques Dubois saw Krause leading an armed militia band. Krause was a regular of the fight club at the Drunk Rat Saloon. The civilian militia appeared to be patrolling the streets and keeping the peace.
Proceeding to the checkpoint, Jacques Dubois spotted a man lurking on the Old Quarter side of the checkpoint keeping watch, and Ruin Dmitar spotted reporter Paul Donahue monitoring the checkpoint from the New Quarter side.
From there they moved to the Drunk Rat Saloon where they discovered it had become a safe haven and a meeting place for elements of the political movements.
07/01/3050. Day 45, 13:00
Layne-Lars Kinnesson researched the available news reports while Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann chose to go out and make contact with Sherif Matthew Lee. The sherif office in the Old Quarter had been firebombed. The hauptmann radioed that in and Layne-Lars Kinnesson
found the news report that the sherif and his deputies had been driven out of the quarter after the attack, and sought refuge and medical care in the New Quarter. This left the Old Quarter in the hands of the Workers Resistance Militia.
Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann proceeded to contact Mayor Kent McAlester where she learned more about the situation. Between Layne-Lars Kinnesson‘s research, Jacques Dubois and Ruin Dmitar’s reconnaissance and Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann’s diplomacy that they were dealing with several disparate groups.
- The Orange Council, led by chairman Ross Williams, attempting to unite the movements and present one coherent agenda.
- The Workers Resistance Militia, a large number of armed bands ranging from street gangs and protection rackets up to vigilante peacekeepers. Spoken for on one occasion by Rene DuVal, one common agenda of the militias appears to be secession of Argyre by any means including force. Possibly being armed with military grade weapons, armour and heavy weapons by ‘Cell 7’.
- The Workers Liberation Movement, a large portion of which Collett Durand speaks for, are also sucessionists but eschew violence (thus far) but are divided into numerous groups with subtly differing ideologies, visions of their intended goal, and plans of action.
- The New Orange Union, originating out of the individual workers rights efforts from the hundred plus minor mining companies operating in the area. This group’s views range from low level industrial relations improvements through to revolutionary social reengineering to evict the parasitic management classes. The most prominent speaker for this group was Paul Hines.
- Anarchists, individuals and small gangs, brought out of the woodwork by the civil unrest.
- The Grey Party, environmentalists demanding the lowlands be preserved in their natural state, and with recent footage of the legendary mushroom forests.
- Cell 7, a suspected Silent Watchers and/or Sons of Brion cell led by someone named or codenamed Hedley. Hedley mistakenly made contact with Ruin Dmitar using the communicator previously owned by watcher Imogen Swan.
07/01/3050. Day 45, 20:07
Jacques Dubois recieved a time, date, and contact information for a meeting to help locate and ambush Krause’s branch of the militia, a gang wearing orange headbands as their gang colours.
08/01/3050. Day 46, 06:00
Ruin Dmitar set out solo to try to gather more information. He located and tailed the man watching the checkpoint, saw him meet a contact and discuss smuggling something past the checkpoint, then followed the contact back to a warehouse guarded by one Workers Resistance Militia wearing orange ropes like sashes. The warehouse was being used as a weapons cache.
He managed to exfiltrate undetected and reported to Samara Hellstrom, Hauptmann who made a plan to take the warehouse with minimum casualties. The combined arms attack using battlemechs and infantry caught the guards with only one hostile wounded and one KIA.
The weapons cache included shoulder mounted SRM and LRM, military grade armour vests and assault rifles. The cache also included survival supplies of long life rations and other gear from two separate caches. This confirmed that the proliferation of military hardware was from raided caches like the previous incident with the group led by Leftenant Simon Trask.